Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Create Together with Tracey McNeely


Welcome back for another Create Together collaboration! In case you are wondering what that is, here's what I had to say about it in my first Create Together post: 

I wish I could sit around a table with my crafty friends, drink a big ol' glass of wine (or whatever suits your fancy!) and make cards with them and all of you! 
Since that's often geographically impossible, I thought I'd try reaching out and do some fun cardmaking collaborations virtually. 

For however long there is interest, I am joining up with some amazing cardmakers and we're challenging each other JUST FOR FUN to get crafty. 

So there's the basics in case you were wondering! Today I am getting crafty again with Tracey McNeely from In My Creative Opinion. We mailed half finished cards to each other created from an inspiration picture, and challenged each other to finish them. 

Tracey chose this perfectly-timed Easter inspiration for us to work with. 


I squealed when I received Tracey's card in the mail. Her style is so great. The only problem is that she never seems to leave much work for me to do...her card was practically perfect as is! :) I trimmed it down and adhered it to an aqua card base then wrapped some twine and a bow around the top. An embossed sentiment from Papertrey Ink on a vellum circle allowed the original design to still shine. Some gold sequins finish it off. 

Here's what I created and sent off to Tracey: 


I used the Chunky Chevron die from Waffle Flower Crafts for the gold and aqua pieces and adhered them to a white card base. 

Now pop on over to Tracey's blog to see what her original base card looked like and how she finished my card. Can't wait to hear what you think about them both! 

Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. You finished the card perfectly Marcie! The vellum circle is just what it needed and the finishes like the twine and sequins--wow! Thanks sweet friend, it was fun creating with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another card, wonderfully started and perfectly finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! Love the overlapping circles and the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you finished Tracey's card! Your vellum sentiment is perfect, and I love how you added the twine and gold sequins!
    The card you sent to her is also really amazing! You girls did a beautiful job on this project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!