Friday, February 5, 2016

Valentine's Day inspiration

So many fun challenges this week are focusing on Valentine's Day! I'm not the red, pink and mushy, gushy type when creating valentines, but decided to stretch my creativity and go outside my comfort zone and create something full of hearts, flowers and all things lovey-dovey. :) 


I used the With All My Heart stamp set and coordinating dies from Papertrey Ink to channel the look and feel of Lisa Elton's card for the Pretty Pink Posh valentine challenge. Her heart backed with a scalloped die and filled with flowers was what I used in my card. For a touch of soft sweetness, I backed my heart with a pinked-edged felt die cut. A scattering of stamped hearts and my most favourite-ist (not a word, I know) clear sequins finish it off. 


When creating my heart focal piece above I used the felt specifically because it channelled the sweet inspiration picture for the current Curtain Call- sachet challenge. The wood grain patterned paper ties it in as well. Wouldn't you love to receive one of those sweet sachets? So pretty! 



Thanks for stopping in today, and have a great day. Happy Friday!!



6 comments:

  1. Marcie, this card is so pretty! Love how you took inspiration from Lisa's card and made it your own.

    Thanks for taking the time to join along in the PPP challenge. It's a joy to see you create with PPP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely. that felt heart behind the polka dots and flowers is adorable. great touch! thanks for linking up to curtain call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!