Thursday, February 25, 2016

Love and Hugs- ink blending

It's an Anything Goes kind of week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge and I'm happily playing along. I'm kind of obsessed with ink blending right now. I looooove to pull out my rainbow of dye inks and Distress Inks and blend my little heart out. Or until I get a hand cramp. :) 


I used a variety of Distress Inks to blend my background, then added a few splatters of water. Since I didn't use watercolour paper, I took care to use a light hand when flicking the water on.  Once dry, I went in with a nice crisp black ink and stamped some of the smaller graphic stamps from the Birthday Bits set, then added some flicks of black ink. The sentiment from Best Hugs was embossed in white on black cardstock and adhered with foam tape. 

Thanks for stopping in today everyone! It's a snowy day here and the kids are home since the bus was cancelled. Time to go and prevent any sibling torture from happening! I'm kidding...they're great kiddos and are happily playing in their rooms quietly. Hmmm..too quietly. Time to go check! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulously blended card, love the colours you used
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!