Friday, February 19, 2016

Create Together


Happy Friday! Today I'm getting inky with the very fun Jill Dewey Hawkins from fastest turtle. I mean, if that blog title isn't enough to make you smile then maybe some of these fabulous creations will...
Check out her mad die-cutting skills, her bold use of colour and fun design, and how her sense of humour reflects through her cards. 

Notice anything about her style? Bold, fun, playful. I wanted to challenge Jill to create outside her comfort zone and so I issued her a "layered, classy and elegant, feminine chic" challenge. I won't tell you what her response was. It might have included a pile of something or other emoji. Pop on over to her blog to see what she came up with! I can't WAIT to see it. 

Then it was Jill's turn to test me. I recently took the Online Card Classes Watercolor for Cardmakers: Intermediate Techniques class, and was complaining on Facebook on how I was struggling with it and not comfortable with the medium. To which Jill said, "Oh you don't like watercolouring? Good. Your challenge is to do something with watercolouring." --not a direct quote but close. Pffffft. 



I used some of my homework from the online class for this first watercolour creation. I stamped the butterflies in Antique Linen ink then coloured them in using watercolour paints. Once dry, I added some flicks of water, then stamped a bold sentiment


This last card is a bit of a cheat. :) Why do all the hard work of the first card, when someone has done most of the work for you, like on this one? LOL! I quickly and easily watercoloured one of Suzy's Watercolor Doodles from Simon Says Stamp with Distress Markers. Adhere to card base, add a few Stickles, DONE!

Ok Jill. I brought it. Did you? (Just a little friendly banter...we're all about having fun and being silly)

Thanks so much to Jill for creating with me this week. How are you liking these Create Together posts? I'm loving that it is allowing me to connect with other cardmakers out there and get inky with them virtually. I'd love to create with all of YOU.  Just drop me a line if you're ever interested. :) 


2 comments:

  1. I am currently picking my jaw up off the floor! Holy *you know what*!! This is UNbelievably cool and oh so amazing!! Sooooo!! Wow! I need to have that rub off on me. Completely, 100% hustled. "Struggle with watercolor", my biscuits. ;) Nailed it. And then some :)!! Such a fun post, Marcie! Thanks for your kindness! So enjoyable! And I can't stop laughing--again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes! That butterfly card looks AMAZING! Seriously just fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!