Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Create Together


Ohhhh today is a fun one folks! I'm really excited to have my friend Tracey McNeely from In My Creative Opinion creating with me today. Tracey has such an amazing CAS style and shares her talents on many fun design teams. Some of my favourite creations of hers utilize cute images, striking designs, and great use of colour

Since Tracey is a fellow Ontario cardmaker we had the fun idea to each START a card and then mail it to each other to finish. This was far more nerve-wracking than I expected it to be. Tracey's base card was so pretty that it hardly needed any more to complete it, but I gave it my best shot. Jump on over to her blog to see what it looked like before I finished it. 

This is TRULY a cardmaking collaboration. 


I very carefully peeled up those pretty gold flowers and added some messy gold thread underneath. I held my breath the entire time doing this. :) After searching high and low for a perfect small sentiment that was bold, but not too bold (you know how us cardmakers are very particular!), I stamped it just above the die cut focal point. A few sequins finish it off. 

We both used this pretty Kate Spade watch as our inspiration. Husband take note- I would like this for Valentine's Day please. Someone tell him that lol. :) 

Here's a look at the card base I created and mailed to Tracey. I can't wait to see how she finished it! 



I stamped the flowers and stems from Sketched Blooms along the bottom of the card, added a gold cardstock strip along the bottom, and flicked on some gold spray mist. 

Now is the time to pop over to Tracey's blog and see how she finished my card. Thank you SO much to Tracey, and thanks so much to all of you for joining us today. If you want to know why I started this series, check out this post here

8 comments:

  1. Marcie! Oh my goodness I love how you finished it out!! The way you carefully lifted the die cut flowers to add the messy string is nerve racking but ends up looking fabulous! Great choice of sentiment and perfect placement of sequins! Oh I loved doing this with you it was so fun. Thank you for coming up with this fantastic idea for a fun creative endeavour! Let's do it again 🙃💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea... darling finish to great beginning!
    :) Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beauties you and Tracey created together! way to go, Marcie! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun idea! Love how you finished Tracey's card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a FUN idea to swap unfinished cards! Love how you finished Tracey's card, just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great challenge! Love the way you finished off Tracey's card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun idea! I can't wait to see how she used your card base!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!