Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Create together!


I'm back with another Create Together post and I'm excited to say that I have actually been able to make cards in person with this cardmaker! You can read last week's Create Together post to see what inspired me to play along with some crafty friends.

I've known this cardmaker for quite awhile...34 years to be precise. My crafty collaboration this week is with Bonnie Sharp, someone I call mom! 



Bonnie aka mom blogs at The Lucky Clucker and is amazing at layered, classy and elegant designs. A few of my favourites are here, and here. She is great with fun, bold and colourful cards too!  


Today we are using this gorgeous colour palette as our inspiration. WOW. I just loooove those shades of blue paired with gold. 


I took my inspiration from the light and airy feel of the top right corner picture and turned that into a watercolor background. Shiny gold and sparkly gold and even matte gold all find a place on here too. That pretty butterfly is a die cut piece from the Recollections collection by Michaels and I backed it with sparkly gold paper from My Favorite Things. Stacking a few of the 'with love' die cuts by Waffle Flower Crafts gave the sentiment the dimension it needed. A few sequins add even more bling. :)

That's all she wrote, folks. Thanks Bonnie (I feel like I will get in trouble from my dad for calling her Bonnie...it's MOM to me) for joining me this week and playing along. Rumour has it Bonnie will stop by again for more Create Together posts.  Hop on over to her blog and check out what that gorgeous picture inspired her to create! 




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this!! Thank you for having me as your guest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcie your watercolour background is gorgeous. I love the rich and vibrant blue! Now,what butterfly doesn't need a little sparkle and those dreamy sequins--perfect finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the gold and the sparkle! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!