Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Create Together- cardmaking collaborations!


Back in the end days of 2015 I was giving myself an internal year in review of what I enjoyed most about the last year.  My crafty friendships were something that was on the top of the list. 
Sharing my work with others, giving and receiving helpful advice on cardmaking, getting the chance to actually meet a few other local cardmakers and in general, developing some really great friendships. 
I wish I could sit around a table, drink a big ol' glass of wine (or whatever suits your fancy!) and make cards with them and all of you! 
Since that's geographically impossible in some cases, I thought I'd try reaching out and doing some fun cardmaking collaborations with them virtually. 

For the next few weeks and continuing for however long there is interest, I am joining up with some amazing cardmakers and we're challenging each other JUST FOR FUN to get crafty. 
Maybe it's a theme we'll both create from, a colour scheme or inspiration piece, a limited supplies challenge...you get the idea. We're just here to have fun and share our creations with you. For me, it's a chance to blog a little more regularly (which I enjoy doing), and get to know some awesome cardmakers! 


My friend June Houck blogs at Simply Elegant Paper Crafts and creates the sweetest cards. Her designs are fresh and fun, and I love her use of patterned paper. From 'no-stamping' cards, to fun treat containers, she can do it all. We "met" each other while designing for the Cardabilities challenge team and have been crafty friends ever since. :) 

Since Valentine's Day is approaching and we both have kiddos that have amazing teachers to show our love to, we decided to use Teacher Valentine's as our theme to create from! 






I used the super cute Willy & Friends stamp set by Waffle Flower Crafts for the main panel and Bowtiful for the sentiment. Oh my goodness... I am not great at colouring but I did my best with Copic markers. :) Stickles decorate the hair bow on the first card, and Glossy Accents are on the bow tie on the second. Rectangle die cuts and patterned papers from My Favorite Things pull both cards together. 

Thank you SO MUCH to June for happily cardmaking with me this week. Like I said earlier, creating is more fun when you can do it with a friend! Please go check out June's amazing designs and stop back in here next week for another crafty collaboration! 


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words…the feeling is mutual. *Mwah* (big cyber kiss on the cheek.) Your monkey image is darling and I love that you created a masculine and feminine version. I am a huge fan of your work and I am tickled pink to be able to collaborate creatively with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love this cute little guy! Valentine's are so fun to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super cute! I came from June's blog to say "hello"! :) I am sure the teachers can relate to having a bunch of "little monkeys" around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Love this feature. Your Valentine's are super cute! Yay for June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marcie your teacher Valentines are so super cute and what are you talking about your colouring is perfect for these fun images!! I think this is such a unique and wonderful idea to do collaborations! Can't wait to see who else is on your list! Off to see June!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!