Sunday, December 6, 2015

Glitter and Gold

Nothing makes me happier than getting out the glitter; it doesn't matter whether it's for cardmaking purposes or as part of my general fashion sense. I don't think any of my friends are ever surprised to see me wearing something sparkly and bold. :) 

This card fits right into my general style. If I could wear it I would lol!! 


First I experimented with foiling that gorgeous Doily Circle stamp from Waffle Flower Crafts in gold. I think my embossing powder might not be quite fine enough, and I can't wait to try it again using bonding powder instead. I added some shimmery splotches of gold spray and heat set it. The 'love' sentiment comes from a Freckled Fawn wood veneer that said 'lovely'. I just snipped the end of the word off, covered it in gold ink, then heat embossed with a Metallic Gold Sparkle powder. It is SO sparkly in real life. 

I can't find this card anywhere in my stash now so it's possible that my daughter stole it. :) She's like a crow...attracted to shiny things. I might know where she gets that trait from...

I worked with the Color Throwdown challenge for my inspiration, and made sure it was super glittery so I could join in on the fun at Virginia's View as well! 



Thanks for stopping in today, and I hope the rest of your weekend is fabulous! 


2 comments:

  1. Love your elegant CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gold embossing on the black looks so elegant and classy!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!