Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Warmest Winter Wishes

Do you have any holiday colour schemes that are inspiring you this season? For me, it's gorgeous shades of blue paired with sparkle. I have three cards today to show you using that colour palette! 


For this first card I white heat embossed my tree and snowflakes on watercolour cardstock, then used my Zig Clean Color markers to created the background over top. To bring some texture into the card, stitched dies from My Favorite Things were used for the snowbanks and the tag holding the sentiment. For even more fun texture and some serious sparkle, the snowbanks were coated with clear glitter. A few sequins finish it off. I just LOVE how this turned out! 

I'm entering this card (just in time!) to Virginia's View Challenge #20- All About Textures, and to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Christmas. 

My next two cards follow similar steps. Heat emboss with white, watercolour over top, add sentiment and voila! Done. Easy peasy. :) 



Can you tell I love these colours? What colours are inspiring YOU in your creations lately? 
Thanks for stopping in and have a fantastic day. 





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards! I really love your first one... gotta have sparkle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous background! Fantastic emboss resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello Marcie! these are all fabulous, luv the christmas tree..stunning cards! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that top card! those blues all blended together with the white and silver popping off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great cards! I really liked the blue colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!