Monday, November 16, 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge- Masking

Waffle Flower Crafts is using MASKING as their fun technique this month. 



What is the Waffle Flower Challenge? Each month, we host a featured technique challenge on the Waffle Flower Blog. Challenge starts on 1st and ends on 25th of each month. Check back on the Mondays for inspiration from the Challenge DT (That's why you're here, right?!). If you'd like to play along, don't forget to link up your creation HERE.

 Check out my card using the masking technique! 


I decided to create an island scene using the positive and negative pieces of masking paper, AND using masking fluid. Both worked perfectly for this creation. I used a generic circle die to cut out a piece of masking paper and centred the negative piece on my watercolour cardstock panel first. From there I created my scene, using more masking paper paired with the Tiger & Lily stamps and dies to help with the process. Once the stamped elements were all watercoloured, I carefully hand-painted a sun then covered it with masking fluid. Once dry, I painted blue sky all around and added a few flicks of ink to it. I covered it all with the POSITIVE part of the circle mask, and carefully watercoloured the rest of the panel a bright blue. Sounds complicated, but once I had it worked out in my head it went quickly. :) 

Don't forget to head over to the Waffle Flower blog to see the other creations using masking from my fabulous teammates. They rock! 

2 comments:

  1. SUPER watercoloring! LOOKS nice and COZY!! ha! better than the wintery mix we've had here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!