Sunday, November 1, 2015

Painted Poppies

Happy Sunday to you all. I hope your day is as sunny and warm as mine is. The weather today is so glorious that it makes me ask, "Is this really November?!"


I used the Simon Says Stamp Tattered Poppy die as my focal point for this simple sympathy card. Using Gansai Tambi watercolours I made a quick painted ombre background then used the same paints for the poppy and all its parts. A bold black sentiment finishes it off. 


I played along with the Fusion: Purple & Poppies challenge. There's no purple, but I used the poppies in the picture for my inspiration. Thanks for stopping in today and have a GREAT day. 


3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the slight texture you've created with the die against the watercolour background. Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The watercoloring is gorgeous and I just love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The ombre water colored background is beautiful! I love your clean design and color choices...lovely!! Thanks for playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!