Monday, October 12, 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge!

I am so excited to be posting today for the first time as part of the Waffle Flower Challenge Design Team! This month's challenge is to use embossing in your creation. Heat embossing, dry embossing, embossing paste, using dies to create an impression in cardstock...what kind of embossing can you come up with?! We can't wait to see what you create. 


Head on over to the Waffle Flower blog to see what Daria and Shona have come up with! 



The doily from Doily Circle stamp set was heat embossed in gold and then coloured in using Copic markers. A raindrop-shaped stamp is included in the set (don't forget to use those fun little stamps!) and I also embossed it branching out from the main design. 
For my sentiment I first used my MISTI to stamp the Celebrate sentiment from Congrats in the colour I wanted, then stamped again over top in Versamark ink and heat embossed it using clear powder. That's a great way to stretch your ink supply and not have to worry about matching colours of embossing powder! The MISTI makes this reeeeally easy to do.  

You can see the sketch and inspiration picture that I based my design on over at the main challenge post. That's also where you can link up YOUR creations featuring embossing. You don't have to use Waffle Flower products, but you will be eligible to win a prize if you do! 

Thanks for joining me today! Have a fantastic day. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a delightful vibrant card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! LOVE the doily colored in.. After seeing what you have been working on over at IG, I was hoping you would use this for the challenge..well done Marcie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!