Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Color Throwdown #361

I'm thrilled to be the guest designer today for Color Throwdown #361


I love the fresh, bright, cheerfulness of this colour combination. The inspiration picture paired with the colors inspired me to reach for my Sketched Roses background stamp by Impression Obsession


I stamped the background in black pigment ink and heat embossed in clear. Using just one Copic marker, I coloured in bits of the flowers, then adhered the panel to a yellow card base. The sentiment is from Best Hugs by Simon Says Stamp. A large vellum circle softens the brightness of the background a bit, and a few sequins finish off the card. 

Thanks for stopping in today.  I hope you will head over to Color Throwdown, take a look at what the rest of the team came up with, and play along with us this week! 


6 comments:

  1. The selective coloring on the flowers is fantastic! So striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card, Marcie! I love that background, and the way you selectively colored the roses. How fun to have you join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The idea of selective coloring of the rose is simply wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm really loving the way you partially colored the roses! Amazing background! Congrats on being our star stamper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE how you colored only some of the petals on your flowers then overlayed it all with vellum and your sentiment! Such a fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!