Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Ink blending bliss

I've been happily playing in my cardmaking corner the last week, following along with Online Card Classes- Background Check.  Ink blending is so fun and versatile and I'm loving that some older techniques involving inks that I've forgotten about are taking centre stage again. 

For this first card I blended Distress Inks together for a bright card base, then stamped a fun background over top with water that had some Perfect Pearls added to it. I used my MISTI to stamp the sentiment a few times for a really bold and dramatic look. 



I am seriously in love with the Jumbo Peek-a-boo Circles by MFT.  I stamped my Big Scripty Greetings sentiment (possibly my favourite Simon Says Stamp set!) over top of the inked background and adhered it behind the open panel. Stickles makes the frame really pop! I love this clean and simple, one layer look. 


Last, but not least, I blended inks from the middle, trying to keep everything in the centre for a nice focal point. A cheerful scripty sentiment paired with an older one from My Favorite Things gets the message across. :) My friend Coralynn has a lovely card today that channels similar soft and serene ink blending. Check hers out too! 

I'm playing along with Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge this week. Which card? Hm. All of them?! :) 




3 comments:

  1. way to rock the inky goodness....these are all wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and fabulous inky cards.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool effect on that first one, love it! And congrats on your Little Tangles win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!