Thursday, August 6, 2015

CFS- Lotsa fun with Lotsa Links



Happy Thursday folks! I'm here with two fun cards featuring some CAS-ual Fridays Stamps awesomeness. Lately as I've been pulling out my stamps, die cuts and ink to create, I've been thinking about how many cards I can make with just a few supplies on hand. 

With some masculine thank-you cards in mind, I pulled out Lotsa Links, Bold Wishes, Funky Square Tag Fri-Dies, and my Linked Fri-Dies to create two fun cards.  


After arranging several of the border strips from Lotsa Links on my Fiskars Stamp Press (so I could repeatedly stamp them at the same time), I stamped them with a light grey ink on a white piece of cardstock.  Then I went over top, inking the cardstock in a blue ombre tone (does anyone else feel like their muscles get a real workout while ink blending?!). I trimmed the bottom corner, die cut the Funky Square Tag and stamped my sentiment from Bold Wishes. The bottom of the tag was dragged through Versamark then heat embossed in silver. I love that it looks dipped in silver. Everything was adhered to a grey cardstock base.



Who would have thought a basic kitchen supply like Press n' Seal could be handy on cards? My friend Laurie Willison did! :) Check out her video here to see how she does it. 



Basically, instead of fussing around, gluing ALL those Linked Fri-Dies pieces in place one by one (drives me BONKERS and it never turns out straight!), you arrange them on your card as wanted and firmly press the Press n' Seal over top.  Pull the Press n' Seal up, flip it over and apply adhesive to the die cuts, then stick it back on your card. After pressing firmly again, the die cuts stick to the base courtesy of the adhesive, and the Press n' Seal peels off fairly easily. Genius, I tell ya. 

After doing that treatment to my card base for a neat tone-on-tone look, I embossed my sentiment in silver on the ombre tag and adhered it using foam adhesive. Easy peasy. 

So there you have it! Two cards, same supplies, lots of fun. :) Thanks for stopping in today and have a GREAT day! 


1 comment:

  1. These are stunning, I love the gorgeous inking :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!