Friday, June 12, 2015

The Color of Fun- Simon Says Stamp


Simon Says Stamp has blown me away again with their latest release, and I am sooooo excited to help share some of the fun today with you! Heidi was kind enough to send me a few products from the new release (thank you SO much!), so let's get started! Side note- the Canadian in me wants to type "Colour" rather than "Color" so you'll excuse me if it pops up occasionally. ;)

My first card keeps it simple with one layer. I stamped the leaf image from One With Nature repeatedly across the top of the card and a few leaves drifting down toward the bottom. I filled them with the solid leaf image using the new Catkin ink, as well as Beanstalk Green and Green Apple.  Don't you love the vertical sentiments? You don't see that very often and I LIKE it. :) A few drops of Glossy Accents on the leaves were meant to look like dewdrops. 

Next up! I used the Nature dies to cut out a few trees in various Simon Says Stamp cardstock colours. I stamped  and heat embossed the outline image from One With Nature over top with white embossing powder. The 'thanks' sentiment (one of my favourite dies!) and a few colourful sequins finished it off, all popped up with foam adhesive on that fabulous white woodgrain cardstock

This last card is definitely not a Marcie-style, but I like trying new things! I 'smooshed' Catkin ink onto watercolour paper, then stamped the various elements on top. I gold embossed the outline image over top of the trees, distressed the edges, tied on some kraft twine and voila! Done! Like I said, not my usual style, but I was having fun. :) 

Thanks for stopping in today! Have a good one! 

2 comments:

  1. Great cards! My favorite is that first one. I really love the movement/placement of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, can't pick a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!