Friday, June 26, 2015

Pretty bird

I'm slowly getting around to playing some fun new goodies in my stash but I can't help pulling out this beautiful set by WPlus9 that I've had for awhile now.  I keep reaching for it because there are so many ways to colour that sweet bird.  


After stamping and heat embossing the image in white, I used my Peerless Watercolours for painting it in. I added some pale yellow and light blue for a background wash, and once that was dry pulled out my favourite spray mist- Studio Calico Mr. Huey's Warm Calico to flick across the whole panel. That lovely sentiment comes from the Let Love Grow set by Hero Arts. 

I'm linking up to two challenges this week- Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge-stamp and mist, as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge- Anything Goes. 

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your weekend! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Marcie! Birds are a favorite thing I love seeing on cards! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card and I love that bird image that you've used, it looks wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!