Monday, June 8, 2015

Birthday Elegance

Happy Monday everyone! We had a lovely weekend filled with family and getting things done around the house. It was very satisfying! AND even better- I had loads of time for cardmaking. :)



The Card Concept challenge is having a design team call looking for a few new designers in several of their style categories and I wanted to throw my hat (or card) into the ring.  Using one of the older challenges as my inspiration, I created a card in what I think is a classy and elegant style. I loved the colour scheme and used that as my starting point, including some of the polka dot ribbon, florals and stripes into it as well. 


Card Concept actually provides definitions for what they think each style encompasses so I kept that in mind while I was making my card. Sparkling embellishments, layered textures, regal, sophisticated sentiment...I think it all fits. :) I initially thought that clean and graphic would be where I felt most comfortable but going through some of my designs over the years I can definitely see that a classy and elegant style has been a strong element in many of my creations! 

Check out a few of my other classy and elegant creations. :) 

Thanks for stopping in today and enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Marcie! I love these pretty colors and elegant design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, my sweet friend! Your card is wonderful. I love the doily, sequins, and that fresh and pretty green striped paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!