Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Best teacher ever!

Our school year is closing in on us! Just a little over two weeks to go and I knew I should get my end of the year teacher cards started NOW, otherwise I'll be up late the night before the last day of school cramming to make them. That in itself says a lot about MY school experience. :)


My son has had the same teacher for grade two and three and we sure are going to miss her next year. I hope she holds off retirement until after my daughter has had her for a teacher. She's been amazing. 

I used Tag You're It challenge #23 for my inspiration on this card. I love Tracey's cute little packages and wanted to incorporate the same general colour scheme into mine. The Twine and bold black sentiment jumped out as well so I used that in my design too. Once I had my tag the way I liked, I used foam tape to pop it up on a card base I sponged red ink onto. The diagonal striped background gives it some interest but still keeps it clean and simple. 


Thanks for stopping in today! I hope it's sunshiny where you are. It is here. :) 

Supplies:
Stamps: Teach & Inspire (Papertrey Ink); Hey Teacher (Simon Says Stamp)

Dies: Wonderful Words: Teacher (Papertrey Ink); Pierced Circle (My Favorite Things)
Other: Diagonal Stripe Stencil (Simon Says Stamp); Glossy Accents


5 comments:

  1. Great card! Love that die cut over the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh , I hope your son loves his new teacher as much as the last. Love your card with the beautiful tag and embossed teacher. I love the striped background too! Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcie I love your design that tree is perfect for a teacher thank you card. Thank you for sharing at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a great and lovely design. Thanks for joining us over at tag you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great take on Tracey's inspiration, love the tree. Many thanks for playing along with us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!