Monday, May 4, 2015

You make life HAPPY

Happy Monday to you and May the Fourth be with you! :) If you're not a Star Wars fan I forgive you for not getting the reference. Through my son's love for it I've gradually been swayed over to the dark side. 


I thought this card turned out so cheery and sweet. Shades of purple and yellow remind me of springtime and colourful pansies growing in my garden. 

I used the Proof Positive Cover-Up die layered over the card base, then the Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle to create a frame over top of all that. I cut two Pierced Circles from white cardstock and vellum and used foam tape to adhere them to the card. I stamped the sentiment from Simply Fabulous, then adhered the 'Happy' die cut. Have you tried the Stick It adhesive sheets? That's what I used for adhering the 'happy' word and I'm finding it so thin and perfect for delicate die cut pieces. It's great! A few sequins finish it off. 


I'm playing along with My Favorite Things Color Challenge 20 as well as Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday which is to use YELLOW on your creation somewhere. 

Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. Great take on the color combination one! This one was not easy, and your card is perfect! Love that cover up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!