Friday, May 8, 2015

Sentimental about birthdays

Happy Friday to you all! I have a cheery and bright birthday card for you today. 

I created my own patterned paper by stamping the flowers and leaves from an older Hero Arts set repeatedly, then colouring in with Copic markers. A white gel pen and a black fine tip marker were used to add accents here and there. Colouring is so relaxing for me. I'm enjoying it more and more as I keep practising. After stamping the super loopy and cute sentiment from Scripty Sayings by Lawn Fawn on grey cardstock I adhered it using foam tape. I love this card! 

I'm linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is focused on sentiments.  

I hope you enjoy your weekend. I'm off to the school today to sit in on a Mother's Day tea that my daughter's kindergarten class is putting on. To say that it is going to be adorable is probably an understatement! I can't wait. :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I love how you colored in these flowers, it's fun and quirky and a little Mary Engelbreit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!