Friday, May 22, 2015

No-line Watercolour Butterfly

It's Friday! Who is ready for a fun weekend? I'm headed out to a bachelorette party for a friend I've known my entire life. Can't wait for the festivities to begin. :) 

I'm making an effort to blog more. The creative part of the process is easy, and I don't mind sitting down and typing up blog posts at all, it's just that time gets away from me sometimes. :) I love sharing my work so I'm going to try and get my butt in gear and do more of it. 


We all need a sympathy card on hand once in awhile. I love the soft, serene look to this one. I played around with Flora & Fauna 2 by WPlus9 and attempted some no line watercolouring with the largest butterfly in the set. I stamped it in Antique Linen Distress Ink and used my watercolour pencils and Distress Inks to colour the image in. The sentiment comes from Word of Comfort by Papertrey Ink. Even though my Big Shot hasn't arrived yet, I had previously die cut a few bits and pieces and had them saved in a bowl on my desk. Digging through it I found a Cover Plate: Circles background and knew it was perfect for this creation. 

Ok folks, thanks for stopping in today and I'll see you soon!   

2 comments:

  1. The circles really are perfect and I love the coloring on the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!