Thursday, May 14, 2015

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps- Silly Love Songs!

Music is an integral part of our household. All of us are always singing and dancing around the house. I'm very territorial about the playlists on my phone! Don't touch my music!! :)  Some of it is good music...some...not so much. We're talking anything from Top 100 countdown to New Kids on the Block to Jim Croce to Willie Nelson. We're not picky. 

I LOVE CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Love Notes set especially because it's music themed. SO fun.  I used the set on three cards today, taking my stamping from basic, to stepped up a notch, to one final card with lots of fun touches. Check em' out! 


This first one is one layer, basic stamping, using a few different colour inks. Cute, fast to make, and easy to send through the mail. 


For the second card, I stayed with the same basic idea, except added some silver embossed music notes. I also heat embossed and cut out the sentiment, popping it up with foam tape. Some sequins and shimmer mist finish it off. The sequins and embossing just add a little extra 'oomph' to this one. 

The final card has even more detail! I stamped the long music bar in a light grey ink repeatedly across the panel, then again over top in turquoise ink. After adding the colourful notes, as well as the heat embossed ones, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. I loooove clear stamps for the fact that you can easily bend and curve them like I did for this one! A quick spritz of shimmer spray, and a few more sequins than the second card has. The panel was adhered to the card base using foam tape.

Which one do you like best? I love that they all follow the same idea, just with a some extra details and touches along the way on each one! 

I'm linking up the first card to the CASology MUSIC challenge this week! :)


Thanks for stopping in to check out my CAS-ual Fridays Stamps feature. Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. All fabulous Marcie! How did you manage to ink that detailed stamp in all those colours. You must have a really steady hand and good eyes! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful trio of cards, and what a great idea to step each one up just a little more than the prior card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!