Thursday, May 28, 2015

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps feature

I have two super fun cards to show today that use one of my favourite CAS-ual Fridays Stamps sets- Exclamations. I just adore this set. For all the fun, happy news that we like to celebrate, this set is perfect! Pair it with cheerful stars and the recipient is SURE to grin from ear to ear when they get it. :) 



Both cards follow the same technique just with different colours.  First I inked up a piece of white cardstock with dye ink. Then, using a thin scrap piece of paper and the two smallest Star Fri-Dies I created a stencil. I inked through the stencil with using Versamark onto the coloured background to create a fun starry background. I'll have a more in-depth tutorial coming up on the CAS-ual Fridays blog in a month or so! Don't forget to check back for it. :) 

The cards are finished off with some tiny stars from Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies that I embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder. They are the perfect little accent! 


Play around with different thicknesses of scrap paper and die cuts to find the perfect stencil for you. On my first card with blues and greens, I didn't hold the stencil still enough as I inked with Versamark and my edges are less crisp. Still a fun look though! 

Thanks for stopping in today and don't forget to follow the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog for fun posts from the rest of the design team. They're awesome! 


2 comments:

  1. Marcie both are amaze! Want to CASE these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love these cards, but had to visit one more time to tell you how much I adore them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!