Sunday, April 19, 2015

Watercolour Cityscape

Happy weekend to you all! It really is spring now here in southwestern Ontario so we are all soaking up the sunshine (and occasional rainy day) and getting the yard cleaned up after all that winter mess.  I had a few minutes yesterday to get creative in my corner and decided to pull out my watercolours. 


I played along in Avery Elle's current challenge, featuring watercolouring.  After stamping the cityscape, clouds and sentiment (all from Super, bought from Butterfly Reflections, Ink) in a black hybrid ink I went back in with my watercolours and painted away. Rainbow buildings, a soft blue for the clouds and yellow for the beacon. None of it looks neat and tidy at all; it's a very loose, messy effect which I love. I popped it all up with foam tape on a black cardstock base that had been flicked with watered down white pigment ink. 


Thanks for stopping in today and I hope your weekend brings you sunshine and cardmaking time! 

3 comments:

  1. I love this...awesome use of the watercolors...such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the watercoloring and the splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous artsy card! The background is fabulous Marcie!!!! Thanks for playing along with the AEI♥U challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!