Wednesday, April 29, 2015

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps NEW release!


Welcome back for day 2 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps new release! 
Today the team is showing off two new stamp sets and a fun die that coordinates with either, OR works fabulously on its own.

First up is Whole Shebang which I just LOVE. The BIG HB2U is so fun and modern all the matching sentiments suit perfectly. It's a great birthday set for any/all ages. 


I watercoloured a background and once dry,  heat embossed the HB2U and stamped the sentiment underneath in grey. I added a few splatters of the same grey ink on the corners and a few sparkly stars that were die cut from the Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies set. The Fun-Fetti set initially screamed SHAKER card to me, and I'm sure I'll be using them for that in the near future, but I also love that they can be used almost like a sequin but without the bulk. 

For my next card, I used Sassy Smiles for a cheerful, hang in there, keep smiling, kind of creation. I wanted to keep it bright, bold and FUN. 

\

The patterned paper was the start of my inspiration and I took my colour scheme from it. The card base has a few lime green splatters here and there (I'm all about the splatters today!).  I heat embossed the big SMILE sentiment in lime green, and the rest in white on dark grey cardstock.  I used a few of the flowers from the Fun-Fetti Fri-Dies to finish it off. I cut them from pink cardstock, then heat embossed with a clear sparkly powder. That sparkle embossing powder is really getting a workout today. :) 


That's it for today! Don't forget to head on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog to see what the other talented designers have come up with. Comment over there today and everyday this release for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to the store. :) See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. the green sentiment is so refreshing! love the patterned paper too! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love that pretty watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards! Great bold stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!