Wednesday, March 4, 2015

All Things Embossed

I can't stop embossing my latest favourite background stamp- the Sketched Roses stamp from Impression Obsession. SO pretty! I knew this would fit with Virginia's View Challenge #13- All Things Embossed

Embossing was one of the first things I fell in love with about cardmaking. Oh the magic of that powder puffing up and becoming bold and shiny. Ooooooo. 


For this card, I heat embossed the Sketched Roses background in white on vellum, and coloured the backside of the vellum with bright Copic markers. Why couldn't I have just embossed on white cardstock and coloured them in regularly? That would have worked just fine but as usual the card went a different direction than what I had envisioned. Also, it gives a nice soft look that the Copics wouldn't have given straight on regular cardstock. AND I didn't have to be fussy and careful about not colouring over top the white embossed areas. :) A bold sentiment stamped in black finished it off. 

Thanks for stopping in today and have fun embossing! Don't forget to play along with Virginia's View




2 comments:

  1. Oh my, Marcie, can this be any more perfect!? GREAT job on using vellum for this stamp with the technique! I love that you are always fierce with COLORS! Love that about you! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Embossed” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This background is so cool! I love how you colored the vellum, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!