Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Watercolour fun

I created this watercolor panel a few weeks ago and have been anxious to use it.  The Little Tangles challenge #53- Watercolor seemed like a perfect way to put it to use.  



I'm also linking up to the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge- Donut Delight. The colours and falling hearts are my inspiration from the picture. 

When I asked what I should do with the initial watercolored panel I had so many creative suggestions. I'm not sure if I went with any of them but it was fun reading them!  One suggested it looked like a unicorn threw up on it...interesting lol. 


After using my Peerless watercolors to create the panel, I embossed the Falling Hearts in white and again in gold sparkle embossing powder. I pulled out Just For You (one of my first and favourite Neat & Tangled sets) and embossed the sentiment in gold, and the balloons in gold on vellum. I fussy cut them and tied a bit of gold thread around and adhered them using Kool Tak clear foam tape.

Falling Hearts, Kool Tak and white/gold embossing powders all came from the fabulous Butterfly Reflections, Ink online store. 

Have a great day! 

3 comments:

  1. Love! I love the gold embossing powder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors and watercoloring! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!