Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Color Coordinates

I was searching the web for some colour inspiration last week when into my blog reader popped the weekly Color Coordinate Recipe from Simon Says Stamp. It's not posted there for a challenge or anything, just for some lovely colourful inspiration to admire. I just love seeing how Shari incorporates the chosen scheme every week into her beautiful creations! 


I decided to play around just for fun and use the same colours (or very similar) on a floral, spring-like card. 


I stamped and embossed the flower cluster from Thinking of You and used inks to watercolour them in. I freehand painted the leaves. It was popped up on a white card base, and the sentiment was also stamped and embossed in white. Watercolouring is so relaxing. :) I love how fresh and pretty this turned out! 

I've been saving lots of these Colour Coordinates recipes for future use. Design Seeds is another fantastic site for lovely colour combinations. Of course, Pinterest has LOADS of colourful inspiration. Here's a link to my favourite combos
Thanks for stopping in and enjoy your day! 

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Those flowers are just so sweet, I really love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcie and Happy New Year! I am a little slow in checking all of my favorite bloggers and I missed leaving a timely comment on January 2 with the "Smitten with you" card. Fabulous, stunning, LOVE IT!!! Please tell me how you created the starry vellum overlay. You may e-mail me at your convenience if it's convenient. You would be surprised at how many of your cards I've pinned and copied. I have very little imagination of my own to come up with beautiful cards, so copying yours is not only fun, but my family just loves your cards!!! Thanks Marcie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!