Sunday, January 11, 2015

Clean Slate

This is one of those cards in my files that I would have sworn I blogged weeks ago, but nope. I have shown it on Instagram and it was part of my intro on the Butterfly Reflections, Ink team but I had yet to actually share it here with you. :) So here we go! 


I started with a piece of watercolour paper and heat embossed that amazing Origami Map in white embossing powder. Then I used my Distress Markers to colour in the countries and watercoloured over top. The sentiment was stamped in black and a cute red heart finished it off. I trimmed the panel slightly and matted it on a blue pre-made card base. 
I LOVE how this card turned out. It's one of my favourites. 

Since there's lots of white space on this creation and it's basically one layer, I think it's perfect to link up to one of my favourite challenges, Virginia's View- Clean Slate.


3 comments:

  1. This is oh-so-graphic and super cool. Loving the use of all those bold primary colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Fantastic coloring and I love how bright it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glorious card, Marcie!! I am loving all the vibrant colors! AWESOME! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!