Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine Special Thanks! Blog Hop


You should have arrived here from Tanis Giesbrecht's blog.

Warning! Picture heavy/mushy gushy post ahead! 

I'm very happy/sad to participating in today's blog hop honouring all things Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine. We all know by now that the February 2015 issue will be the last one this lovely magazine publishes and for many of us, that is just. not. ok.  BUT, there's not much we can do about it, so let's go ahead and celebrate all the things the magazine, and those who have worked there, have brought into our lives. SO MUCH LOVE. 

Here are some of my favourite cards published in Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking throughout the years. There are more but these ones stand out to me and I'm particularly proud of them. 


There's the time I found myself featured on their Canada Day post which thrilled me!

There was THIS. Seriously. The email I received from Holly Anderson saying I'd won the Stamping Royalty contest made me freak right out. I'm so glad I had the chance to be a part of it. 



And THIS. Scrolling through the Top 20 in alphabetical order the morning I found out was unbelievable. I couldn't believe I saw my card there. I nearly threw up in excitement. Oh the pressure! I didn't advance beyond the Top 20, but the support of the other ladies in that group was amazing. 


And 2 CHAs, the first one where I was too shy to introduce myself and say anything, and the second in 2010 where I took a picture of the first magazine I'd ever been published in, and managed to sneak a picture with Cath Edvalson. SO fun. 



Whether it was an email from Susan, Jennifer or Holly, those happy emails were laced with fun and positivity. I actually went back through my emails and noticed that I progressed from 'Marcie' to 'Miss Marcie' to 'Canadian Stamping Queen Marcie' to 'Martini Marcie'. Needless to say, friendships have been made (and won't end!). 

Speaking of Martini Marcie... #drunkcardmakers
Here's a card I made especially for the hop today. 


I think it's appropriate! I'm going to raise my glass to Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine and all the fun I've had with them (let's pretend it's 5 o'clock somewhere, ok?). You all just ROCK and I know there are wonderful things out there for you. I can't wait to hear all about it. SMOOCH. 

Next stop on the hop is the fabulous Danielle Walls and Neat & Tangled! Enjoy. 



13 comments:

  1. Such a fun post...love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had some amazing accomplishments through PC&S! I love these cards and love the one you created today, such a great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a prolific cardmaker, Marcie! Thanks for the trip down the memory lane...I am glad that you share the favorites with us. Each one of them is stunning! Please say hi to Mickey for me! CHEERS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for a sharing a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun post! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love seeing all your projects...past and present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun post. Your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Your card is brilliant! I love the others too- particularly the map card ( have a thing for bright maps!!). I will always remember you as one of the really fun contestants on Gallery Idol. Little did we ever imagine we'd be the last 😞 x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that martini card...I SO need those stamps! And a lovely tribute to PC&S!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely!! You definitely make PC&S team sooooooo happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your cards but the cocktail card is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Marcie! It was great to see a sampling of your PC&S cards and to hear about your history with them. Your martini card is just perfect! What a great way to sympathize in a positive way : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!