Saturday, December 13, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #36

I'm stepping away from my card making comfort zone and sharing a card today that is more involved than I usually attempt. You might look at this card and think...ummm... it's just a bunch of die cuts...how is that involved? Folks, it's more work than I'm used to. I mean there was lots of die cutting, glueing, embossing AND stamping. Woah. Lol  :)


A lovely pattered paper background was my starting point, then came the die cuts. I have a basket on my desk full of bits and pieces that I haven't used yet and I love digging through it to find treasures that would work perfectly on my current creation. The sentiment was heated embossed with a really cool burgundy and gold powder by Stampendous. Love it! 

I'm linking up to the Cure for the Monday Blues challenge #36. I took the wood grain as my inspiration, as well as the dangling ornaments and tried to incorporate both into my card today. 

Thanks for stopping in today, and I hope your weekend is fabulous! 


4 comments:

  1. I love it.....lots of work for sure, but lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wonderful patterned paper you used for your background - evokes the inspiration so well! Also loving all the die cutting and putting together you did for this card - I love when people go outside their comfort zone! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!