Monday, November 17, 2014

All Things Metallic From the Craft Room!

This weekend was very productive, cardmaking wise. Usually I don't work so hard at it; it IS a hobby after all, but I'm selling my creations at an upcoming craft/vendor sale at our local elementary school and I want to make sure I have enough stock for the day! My husband travels for work and had been away for 33 days (looooongest trip EVER; sanity- GONE) and FINALLY got home so the kiddos were all about daddy and left me alone to create. :) A win-win situation for everyone. 

I played along in some challenges while I was creating and just LOVED the look of this inspiration picture for the Altenew November challenge. All those pretty bits and pieces gave me loads of ideas, but I stuck with a general colour scheme that was similar, and took hints from the floral and metallic elements.





I stamped some flowers and leaves from the Painted Flowers set and once the ink was almost dry, sprinkled gold embossing powder over the leafy areas. This left powder not *quite* covering all the leaves and gives it kind of a grainy look which is really cool. The sentiment from Label Love was embossed in gold as well.  Other fun stuff? White spray mist sprayed and smeared around, some gold thread, and a random half of a bronze leaf from my stash. 

 I used so many gold touches that I thought it would be perfect for linking up to this month's Virginia's View challenge #9- All Things Metallic! 


4 comments:

  1. Love your take on the inspiration photo! Love how you treated the card base and the gold elements are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marcie, this is rich and oh so beautiful!! I love the mix of your design with the gold treatment! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge! I so appreciate your support for this challenge! Sending warm hugs! Brrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marcie a very pretty card, love that you stamped the flowers and added gold to the leaves...just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Marcie. Great interpretation of the inspiration photo. Thanks so much for playing along our November challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!