Friday, October 17, 2014

Spring Chicken in Autumn

I have an affinity for chickens seeing as I grew up the daughter of egg producers. I like my eggs cooked anyway you make them, I have chicken drumsticks in the crockpot for supper, and although you would never guess it, I find it hard to pass up any sort of decor with chickens on it. Weird I know. When I saw the Birthday Farm Animals set by Simon Says Stamp, I knew I was going to buy it based on the chicken alone. SO cute. Love love love! 


I'm linking up to Virginia's View Challenge Clean and Simple this month with a barely a day to squeak in before the deadline. Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. Confession: I was convinced I'd linked up an earlier card but I guess not. Oh well. So here goes again! 

I stamped and embossed the chicken image in white, then used my Distress Markers to watercolor her (she's a girl).  After that the rest was easy peasy!  Use your time wisely and head on over to see the rest of the links for some amazing clean and simple inspiration. There are some amazing creations there!



2 comments:

  1. This is so very stinky CUTE, Marcie! I love your water-coloring and use of image! Well done! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous water coloring :) Love that cute image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!