Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sleigh Bells and craftroom disasters

Don't be alarmed by the craft room disasters portion of my blog post title. It's allllll good and crisis averted. Side note: did you know that plastic backed glitter paper will melt and burn when heat embossed? Hm. Ask me how I know. Yikes.

Today the Girl Fridays are showcasing Sleigh Bells and Bell Tag Fri-Dies as part of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps release week.  I love this set and coordinating dies. They are a great size for making tags, they have lots of open space to get technique-y with, they are perfect for paper piecing and the font in the set? LOVE it. I like that the sentiments are small and cute so I can squeeze them in where I want. 


I kept my card simple to show off the glittery aspects of the card. I die cut the bells from glitter paper and heat embossed them. Twice. The first time they melted and almost set on fire. The second time I took my time and slowly and carefully heat embossed them and thankfully didn't burn the house down. The rest is pretty self-explanatory. 

Head on over the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog in case you haven't already been there today and see what the others came up with using Sleigh Bells and Bell Tag Fri-Dies.  These release week products are available on Saturday in the store

Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. The metallics are so much fun on this! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gold and silver you went with, great design Marcie !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!