Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pinecones!

Welcome to Day 4 of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps September release! Today the Girl Fridays are showcasing Pinecones. I love this set. Again the font in this one is so lovely. It seems to be perfect for masculine cards but don't let that stop you from inking them up in a really feminine way! 


I cut masks from the bough and the cones and used them to create the look of pine cones hanging from the tree branch.  The wood grain patterned paper was light enough that I could stamp my images and the lovely verse right on on it. I rounded the corners, added some pearls (boy oh boy did I ever go on a pearl buying spree a few years ago...I have sooooo many!) and was done! 

I hope you'll head on over the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog to see what the rest of the team came up with. Don't forget if you leave a comment there you have a chance at winning a fun prize!  Pinecones will be available in the store on Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! The masking is great and I love how you overlayed the poem. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Great masking and love the little clusters of colored pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this, Marcie. Those pearls are just the loveliest touches with your pine-cones! You are rocking these DT assignments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this card!!! amazing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so elegant, I love the wood grain BG you picked

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!