Thursday, September 25, 2014

Anything Goes!

Happy Thursday friends! It's been a few days but I'm back today with a card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge- Anything Goes.  I've been busy around here with autumn cleaning- putting all those summer clothes away for yet another year- helping our school plan its 50th anniversary celebrations, getting a fabulous new haircut, but I managed to squeeze some time in to make a few cards too!


I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and leaves from the Summer Garden set in white. Some masking helped me to layer them together across the card. Then I went in with my Peerless Watercolor paints and added some vibrant colours.  I think this is the first 'artsy' (or what I call artsy) card I've made with my watercolors and I really love the result. I think it's proof I just need to have fun and play around with my supplies more. Thanks for stopping in and have a GREAT day! 

Funny family story to add: We were talking to our kids about what they'd like to be when they grow up...all this stemming from the school's 50th anniversary coming up...and Jake wants to be an inventor. I have no doubt he'll create something fabulous.  Robin said she wasn't sure what she wanted to be, but she'd probably take her clothes off once she got to work. OH MY GOODNESS. My husband's face was priceless. I really don't know what she meant but we didn't press the issue lol!!



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the water color washed BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Marcie! WOW, stunning...your watercoloring is amazing! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!