Friday, August 8, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps Homework

Although I've been keeping up just fine with the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class and it's crafty homework, I'm not posting my creations daily.  There's just so much fun card-making to be done! 


The first card uses Luminarte mica pigment powder brushed on over top of my background that was stamped with Versamark. This type of powder is not quite like Perfect Pearls, so it does need a fixative spray or else it's going to spread everywhere once applied to your card. This I found out quickly...I'm STILL sneezing iridescent green! :) I don't have a fixative spray at all so I just lightly misted some extra firm hairspray over it and that seemed to work.  It is SO pretty and shimmery in real life. Love. 


My second card uses alphabet stamps to create an object, in this case a flower. At least, it was a flower I had envisioned...lol. Maybe if you squint you can tell!  After getting the flower completed I lightly sponged the same colour of ink over top. The die cut balloons are so sparkly that I'm linking this card up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge- Make it Sparkle. I created my own Hello sentiment with the same alphabet set.  It's such a cheery card! 


Thanks for stopping in everyone, and have a happy Friday! 

Also used: Luminarte Iridescent Green Mica pigment powder
Amuse Haunted Mansion cling background stamp



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards!! Love that background on the 1st one! So pretty!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!