Monday, August 18, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps 2 homework time!

I'm catching up on 'homework' (the absolute fun, crafty kind) and created a colourful and summery birthday card using techniques learned from Stretch Your Stamps 2 on the Bonus Day. Debby shared a really cool way to add colourto lined images and I thought that the VW van from Surf's Up by Avery Elle would suit this technique perfectly.  My dad's side of the family is Volkswagen crazy and I initially bought this set because I felt like the VW in my blood drew me to it...lol


I used watercolour paper and spray mists for the colour splotches and even though it kind of got away on me (spray mist bleeding everywhere!) I still love how it turned out.  

This card went off to an 8 year old friend of my son who insisted that a VW card would be most appropriate coming from us. Note- we don't own a Volkswagen but I'd sure like to have an awesome van like that one! 

I'm linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is SUMMER. I definitely think this card applies! Fun summery colours, sun shining brightly and a beachy feel (that van is for sure headed to the beach!) all scream summer time! 



4 comments:

  1. I love the way you colored the van!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly gorgeous! I love love the watercolors with the VW, Marcie! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!