Monday, August 25, 2014

Cutting Edge Blog Hop


I sure am cutting it close to the end of the Cutting Edge Blog Hop deadline...cutting it close...die cuts...get it? :) Phew made it in time! I whipped up this shaker card using various Spellbinders circle dies and Altenew stamps.


How did I use die cuts? I used circle dies to cut holes in the stamped panel, the acetate, and the black ring around it. This involved placing both circles (inlaid) on my cutting plate face up (I use a Grand Calibur) and taping them down with a strip of washi tape so they wouldn't shift. I'm still rusty at making shaker cards so forgive me if it isn't that fancy...I'm learning still! I stamped my sentiment in black and filled my shaker with lots of fun Pretty Pink Posh sequins before closing it.

I hope you are all enjoying the hop and I'm off to go look at all the pretty die cut inspiration linked up there! 



7 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card!! The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! What a sweet shaker card!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card with beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love the simplicity here, but the patterned paper really punches it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background and shaker element

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!