Monday, August 4, 2014

CASE Study challenge #202

Happy Monday to you all!  It's the Civic Holiday here in Ontario so it's a relaxing, slow day for us after a busy and fun weekend. Now it's time to catch up on some blogging. :)

Today is my first time playing along with the CASE Study challenge. I love this week's card by Shari Carroll.  I took inspiration from the neutral background, big flower, and bold sentiment. I sponged Mint Julep ink through the big flower stencil, then removed it and stamped over top in black. I added a bit of shading with Copic markers.



I'm also linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Anything Goes. They are showcasing Technique Tuesday products (along with CAS-ual Fridays) so I used one of their sentiments on my card today.

My poor desktop computer has crashed and I hope the fix is quick and painless! Card photos are being edited on my iPad so they might not be as clear/bright as usual (granted I'm a terrible picture taker so you might not notice the difference lol). 


Supplies:
stamps: (Jumbo Poppy) Stampendous; (Say It: Hello) Technique Tuesday
paper: (white woodgrain, white, black) Simon Says Stamp
ink: (black, Versamark) Tsukineko; (Mint Julep) Hero Arts
embossing powder: (silver) Stampendous
markers: Copic

4 comments:

  1. Love this card, so bold and love your color/pattern choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! WOW, stunning...you did a fabulous job with the flower! So glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great! It's so interesting look on original card! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. Love that bloom!
    Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!