Friday, July 4, 2014

Shake it up baby!

Simon Says Stamp is shaking it up this week for their Wednesday challenge and I'm playing along. I have NEVER made a shaker card before (not that I can remember anyway) and I decided to pull out some of my favourite Simon Says exclusive products and finally try out this fun kind of card!


I decided to just go ahead and figure it out on my own...but I'm sure if I had taken a few moments to find a tutorial online things would have gone a lot easier. That being said, I like the finished product and so does my five year old daughter.  SO much so, that I'm going to have to hide this card away and make a shaker card for her to keep for herself. :)  The fun part for me was finally using up some new product I haven't touched yet, like the sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, and the silver metallic paper. 

Side note: the transparency is the packaging from a stamp set I recently bought. I need to buy some actual transparency papers seeing as I liked making this shaker card so much!  
Another side note: When I hear SHAKE IT it makes me want to shake my booty. In fact, I'm shakin' it right NOW. :) Sorry for that mental image! 


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Marcie :-) the whole design of this is fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cool!!! Awesome colors AND it's a shaker...AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute! I love the bright colors! Thanks so much for playing along with the Shake It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant job with your first Shaker card, love the fab colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!