Saturday, July 19, 2014

CTS #85 For Grandma

I'm playing along this week with CAS(E) this Sketch challenge #85 and that fabulous sketch provided me with so many ideas that I hardly knew where to begin! It's going in the sketch 'vault' to be used again and again! I decided on using it to make a pretty, floral birthday card for my grandma.



I used a woodgrain paper for my card base and fussy cut some water coloured flowers and leaves from a new stamp set I picked up from Simon Says Stamp. I used my new Peerless watercolor papers for the painting and WOW do I ever LOVE them! (FYI I heat embossed in white before water colouring) Those bright and bold colours are so creamy and vibrant; I know those little 2x2 squares don't look like much but they pack a serious punch. They're likely not to leave my desk for awhile. New product is fun isn't it? :) A vellum banner and die cut word finish the focal point off and the final touch was a few sequins.  Sparkle doesn't show up very nicely on camera, but that 'grandma' word was covered in Clear Wink of Stella and has some serious shine. 

Pop on over to the CAS(E) blog and check out the rest of the inspiration there from the design team and the link-ups.  Maybe you'll join in on the fun too? Enjoy your weekend everyone! Thanks for stopping in. :)



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Grandma is going to just LOVE this card! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, bright and beautiful blooms! Love the way they pop off your white card base! Thanks for playing along at Case this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch and the bright colors you picked for the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so fun & fabulous! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh this is gorgeous - lucky grandma. You are right the flowers knock your socks off they are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is gorgeous, too! I'm seeing a trend...I love all your cards. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!