Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Purple Ombre fail

My attempt at ombre stamping was a dismal failure...oh dear. I think my progression in ink choices from top to bottom was too much of a contrast.  Next time I'll stick to tones a little closer to each other like at the bottom of the card. You can see how I tried to blend them together but it JUST DIDN'T WORK. That being said, I'm not one to throw it out and start over so it was used anyway! :) 


After stamping the striped panel, I stamped my sentiment and the coordinating die cuts, glued down what needed to be glued down, and popped it all up on a white cardstock base.

In other stamping news, are you checking out the final Top 5 entries in the Gallery Idol contest? The theme was adhesives and did these ladies ever hit it out of the park! Wow.  Hurry up and cast your vote!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping in! 




2 comments:

  1. I like it. You're braver than me- I'm scared of purple! Love the finished result- particularly where you've got the pink meeting the purple- the running into each other looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the ombre looks great! Stop selling yourself short you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!