Saturday, June 28, 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #22

Inspiration challenges are my favourite kind of challenge. I love looking at a picture and seeing what it inspires me to come up with card-making wise.  Usually it's a colour scheme or an element that pops out that I know I can replicate using stamps and ink.  



This was my first time playing along in the Cure for the Monday Blues challenge and I loved the Geometric Generation picture.  The soft colours, white space and geometric shapes really caught my eye so I knew I was going to use those in my card! 



I needed a card set to give to my son's teacher for a year end gift so I created a set of 6 thank you cards for her and played along in the challenge while doing so.  That little star on the blue banner was where I took my shape from and I stayed as close as possible to the same colours in the picture as well.  
The end result is a cute set of cards for one very special teacher! 
Since they are one layer and all the same it only took about 20 minutes to finish all 6 cards. 

Thanks for stopping in today, and you have until 6pm EST tomorrow to link up a new creation of your own to this fun challenge.  Happy Saturday! 


2 comments:

  1. A fantastic card set! I love how you pulled the colours from the inspiration and your composition of all the stars is fantastic! Welcome to my challenge - I do hope you will keep playing!! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO so lovely clean and simple card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!