Thursday, June 5, 2014

Birthday Star

 Sometimes I make a card and it just doesn't sit right with me. There's an element that just doesn't quite work and I need to take a closer look and see if it can be fixed. 

The original version of this card had a strip of pink gems where now there is a stamped row of arrows. I thought the pink gems would tie the pink coloured "happy' to the card but in reality it clashed and was taking away attention from other details I thought were more important.  Sooooo I carefully pulled them off and even though there was a slight rip in the paper, I stamped carefully over top and it's barely noticeable. 



I now love the finished result! Much more bold and graphic without the gems.  That silver sparkly embossed edge is fabulous. I LOVE that embossing powder so much.  The silver thread is one of my favourite products too, but I used the last of it on this card and have NO idea where I got it from...cross your fingers I can track it down and get some more. :)


2 comments:

  1. Oooooo, love that gorgeous silver embossing on the side, what a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Miriam! I love that border and all it's silvery gorgeous-ness! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!