Monday, May 26, 2014

Gallery Idol - Round 2

Hello to all of you who may be stopping in here for the first time via the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest! Thanks for stopping in and welcome back to those who have been here before. :)

I'm super excited to be part of the talented crew of crafters in the Top 20 this year. I love this kind of contest because it really seems to promote friendship, idea-sharing and encouragement within the card-making community! It works like the American Idol contest- a theme is given, you see the creations, you vote and some advance to the next round.  I'm already having a great time and have found myself really pushed above and beyond my usual card making...which leads to my card for the next round- DIE CUTTING.


I decided to create an ocean-themed scene with die cuts. I used mainly My Favorite Things products with a few others here and there. Die cuts are SO versatile and I tried to use them in a few different ways on my card. I included stamp and die cut combos (the underwater scene); I die cut specialty paper (the wood paper on the boat); I altered die cuts (added translucent paste to the waves, sparkle to the cloud, googly eye to the fish, debossed the sails), and used parts of a die cut (the sun).  Hopefully it gives you some inspiration for using die cuts in different ways!  

Check out a close-up of a few of the details on my card. 


SO- to advance to the next round, please go to the Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Gallery Idol contest site and vote for me! You can also click on the widget at the top of my blog.  I can't move into the Top 15 unless I get your vote! Thanks in advance! 





11 comments:

  1. Congrats on the top 20! Your scene is so cheerful and you have so many cute elements! I love the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Marcie! Definitely top 15 material. :) Congrats and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute scene! I love the bright colors, the sparkly cloud, the little goggly eye, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Marcie! I just love the little scene you created- I want to be on the boat! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So super adorable Marcie! I love every little detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcie, this is gorgeous!! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card! So very well done--all the details! Phew. A lot of work, but so worth it. Turned out great! Enjoying being in it with you, puke on shoes and all! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE!!! I NEED those sea dies and stamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! There are so much details. It is super cute!!! Good Luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This so so fun and cheerful, Marcie! Love the scene you created and the color combo looks perfect to support your design. Good luck to you! May

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!