Thursday, May 22, 2014

Birthday Balloons

I have never had so much frustration in getting a good, clear picture of a card before! The natural lighting was just not working in my favour for this creation, so I'll tell you that it is very black, gold and sparkly in real life and not nearly as yellowish and dull as it appears in this picture. 


That being said, I love how it turned out! It is a little more involved than most of my usual cards.  More layers, more embossing and die cutting, more colour, 'more' in general. I really love it! I think it's my lack of patience that lends to one layer cards and stamping, but I took my time on this one and am happy with it. 

I used Wplus9's fantastic Whole Lotta' Happy stamp and die set paired with a fun, feminine colour combination. There's a lot of washi tape used for the background, some sparkling edges to the card base, and a nice trio of balloons. The balloon strings I formed into place using some Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue (one my favourite adhesives!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!