Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Glittery Thanks


I love learning new techniques and trying them out with my own supplies. This card is the finished product of me trying out stencils with glitter. The finished product also included A LOT of glitter in/on/around my work area. It looked like a glitter bomb went off. There might have been some glitter up my nose, in my eye, on my kids, in the casserole for supper...oops. :)

Of course I cannot 'think up' these techniques myself...no, no, I am more of a see and do kind of crafty gal, rather than a brainstormer. I watched this awesome video of Jennifer McGuire's and put my supplies to use. Please watch it all in entirety before you try the technique...unlike a certain *someone* who may have jumped the gun so to speak (embossing gun, heehee) and used two or three sheets of double sided sticky paper before getting a solid end result...just sayin'.  The sparkle in real life is AMMAAAAZING. Seriously.

I'm entering this card in the Stencils: Styling With Stencils Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm also playing along with Virginia's View Challenge! Check out both links to see some awesome stenciled inspiration!

Product info- the Flourishes In and Out Thank You set is discontinued; the seam binding is from my LSS The Paper Pickle.

Thanks for stopping in! Have a great crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the glitter!! I have yet to try stencil with glitter! All the elements work so beautifully together (from the glitter, bow...down to the stick pin), Marci! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's view Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Marcie!
    And hey thanks so much for linking it up to the Styling with Stencils challenge over on Moxie Fab World!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!