Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Published!

 


Today I'm sharing with you a recent card of mine published in the wonderful Paper Crafts Stamp It! Techniques Vol. 2 publication.  It's always a delight to see my work in print and this time was no exception.  I love making cards (Don't we all?!) and having them published is just an added bonus for me.  Here I used a Unity stamp and sentiment and watercolored over top the embossed image and sentiment.
 
For any of you that have been trying to get published without much success, take it from me...do NOT give up!  It was *many* times of submitting, submitting, submitting, and then rejected, rejected, rejected, before I miraculously had a card chosen. STUDY up on Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking magazine (or any other publication you're submitting to).  Learn the 'styles' of cards they are looking for and make sure your project fits clearly in to one of those categories. Don't be afraid to practice and experiment with techniques, and think outside of the box. Don't dwell on a card not being chosen. Set it aside and try again...it may fit another category next time. There's my thoughts for the day. :)

Run on out and buy this amazing magazine FULL of cardmaking inspiration if you haven't already done so! Happy cardmaking to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!